St Michael's Church
The church with a view
The church of St Michael, the patron saint of the city, dominates the town, having previously been sited higher up.
Now the largest church in the city and evocative of earlier styles of architecture, it has a splendour all of its own, which makes one forget the busy life of the town around it.
The church of St Michael was build from 1898-1902.