Museum of Pre-History
Many wide-ranging events
The Museum of Prehistory offers a contemporary exhibition for schools and families, enthusiasts and experts.
The archaeological finds from Canton Zug are presented in a lively manner. A tour with true-to-life scenes, settlement models and stories visualises everyday life from the Ice Age to the Early Middle Ages. The section ′rare witnesses′ is devoted to extraordinary wooden artefacts from Lake Zug. A nostalgic corner shows how archaeology was presented long ago. At special events in the museum garden, visitors can find plants from the Ice Age or Roman herbs. Adults are also permitted to visit the children′s gallery, provided they are not afraid of climbing up the rope ladder.
- Opening times
- Tuesday to Sunday: 02.00 – 05.00 pm
- Schools and groups: On appointment
- Adults: CHF 5.00
- Young people between 16 and 20: CHF 3.00
- Students and other concessions: CHF 3.00
- Children up to 16 years old: Free
- Everyone on Sundays and public holidays: Free
- Guided tour: Unesco World Heritage lake dwellers
- Current exhibition
- Information about the current exhibition