Burg Zug Castle
Discovering its history and the stories it has to tell
The Burg Zug is a real landmark of the city of Zug. In the Middle Ages it was the home to the Lenzburger, Kyburger und Habsburger dynasties and then rich merchants of Zug lived there.
Today this historic tower is open to the public and houses the Historic Museum of the Canton of Zug , where you can experience history and all the stories it has to tell in an imaginative and interactive way. Occasionally there are special exhibitions highlighting one particular aspect. Just enjoy yourselves finding out about it all.
- Seat of: The Lenzburger, Kyburger und Habsburger dynasties
- Under private ownership: Since 1352
- Renovation and re-building to museum: 1979–1982
- Anmeldung / Reservation
- Museum Burg Zug"
- Click here for more information from the museum.
- Flyer_Burg_EN.pdf (3.89 MB)