loading ...
Map

Capuchin Tower

The tower with many names

Originally the Kapuzinerturm was in the north-eastern part of the Zug circle of fortifications hailing from the 16th century; in fact the date 1526 can be seen on the walled-up dormer.
What is also noteworthy is the clock with its large face. The tower used to be known by a number of other names. «Hochzytturm bei der Löbern», «Hoch Zeitturm», «Feuerglockenturm» und «Luegisland». However, as it is situated near the Capuchin monastery, the name Capuchin Tower stuck.
  • Infobox
  • Kapuzinerturm built: 1526
  • One clock installed by this
    time at the latest:
    1549
  • Peace bell rings on 8. May in remembrance of the end of the Second World War: 1946