The tower with many names
Originally the Kapuzinerturm was in the north-eastern part of the Zug circle of fortifications hailing from the 16th century; in fact the date 1526 can be seen on the walled-up dormer.
What is also noteworthy is the clock with its large face. The tower used to be known by a number of other names. «Hochzytturm bei der Löbern», «Hoch Zeitturm», «Feuerglockenturm» und «Luegisland». However, as it is situated near the Capuchin monastery, the name Capuchin Tower stuck.
- Kapuzinerturm built: 1526
One clock installed by this
time at the latest: 1549
- Peace bell rings on 8. May in remembrance of the end of the Second World War: 1946
- Flyer_Tuerme_EN.pdf (4.24 MB)