The oldest church in Zug
This church was built in the 13th century at the same time as the first city walls.
From the outside, the Liebfrauenkapelle was a bulwark forming part of the edge of the city, with a somewhat surprising delicately decorated interior, showing aspects of both the Late Gothic period, with its murals, and the Baroque period, with the scenes depicting the life of the Virgin Mary. This old chapel in the middle of the Old Town has a particular atmosphere of its own, which is why it is very popular place to get married.
- First documentary evidence of existence, also known as "Chapel of Our Lady": 1266
- Cycle of depictions of Mary by Zug baroque painter Johannes Brandenberg: 1725–1727