Barry hikes in Winter on Mount Rigi
Mt. Rigi is a St. Bernard mountain.
As much as a hundred years ago, St. Bernard dogs were already living on the Queen of the Mountains and helping the local inhabitants in their daily work.
The Barry hike leads from the Rigi Kaltbad station to the Chalet Schild at Rigi First – accompanied by a loyal four-legged friend all the way. There, you enjoy a short break with warming fruit punch and mulled wine. The stopover also offers a chance to find out more about the Rigi Barry & Friends club and to become more closely acquainted with the St. Bernards. Afterwards, the hike continues to Wölfertschen-First where the organised tour ends and you start your own individual visit to Mt. Rigi.
- Meeting point: 1.40 pm in front of the fountain opposite to the Hotel Alpina, Rigi Kaltbad
- End: 3.10 pm at Wölfertschen-First
- Hike: Rigi Kaltbad station - Rigi First - Wölfertschen-First station (actual walking time about 50 minutes)
- Number of participants: Maximum 30 persons
- Clothing: Good shoes and weather-appropriate clothing
- Railway ride: The railway ride is not included in the price and must be booked separately.
- Further information and booking under www.rigi.ch