Theater Casino Zug

Famous building

The Theater Casino Zug, built in 1909 by Dagobert Keiser and Richard Bracher, is the hub of Zug's cultural life. With the current renovation, the old glamour has been brought back to life.

Theater Casino Zug

Zug has an old theater tradition. First records of public performances with over 3000 spectators date back to the 17th century. In 1782/83, a permanent theater venue was established at the expense of the town. The modest "Comoedi-Haus" was located on the second floor above the old Stadtmetzg, today's police station on Kolinplatz. In 1808, the private "Theatergesellschaft Zug" was founded, which is still active today as the Theater und Musikgesellschaft Zug (tmgz). In 1979-80, the space was expanded by architect Hanspeter Ammann to include a modern theater and concert hall, foyer and various adjoining rooms.

Cookies inactive

Interactive map not available due to third party cookie restrictions.
Our data privacy policy will apply