Villette Park was artistically laid out in the English style by Theodor Froebel from Zurich in 1865 and is still a popular local recreation area today.

Villettepark Cham

The romantic little island was filled in with the excavated material from the partially demolished church hill when the railroad was built.

The villa, built in 1866 by the famous Zurich villa architect Leonhard Zeugheer, was put to public use in 1985. Since then, Villa Villette has been open to the public as a cultural and meeting center with restaurant, banquet, concert and exhibition rooms.